For those of you who don’t want to be privy to the details of our Tom Brady spot, and would like to figure out the stories on your own, stop reading and hit play. For the rest of you – read on for the inside scoop.
“For Gamechangers” chronicles Tom Brady’s journey from high school athlete to Super Bowl-winning NFL player. Highlighting game changing moments throughout his career, the spot starts at Junipero Serra High School, moves into the University of Michigan locker room, through the 1999 draft and the media craze of his Super Bowl Championship, and ends outside the stadium on game day.
While you may be familiar with Tom’s story, did you know:
• The actual commercial was shot on a custom-built 175-foot set on a sound stage in Los Angeles, which took almost two full weeks to design, fabricate, and erect.
• The team bus is one of Tom’s favorite places to be. He explains, “There’s a sense of camaraderie you can’t find anywhere else.”
• Tom was drafted by the Expos out of high school in the 1995 MLB draft but chose football instead.
• The quote above the locker room door, “Those who stay will be champions” came via legendary Michigan coach Bo Schembechler and inspired Tom to remain a Wolverine. The sign lives in the Michigan locker room.
• Tom was chosen in the sixth round of the 2000 NFL Draft with the #199th pick.
• Great attention was paid to detail and authenticity in the spot. From using era-specific Junipero Serra football jerseys and baseball uniforms as well as University of Michigan helmets, to the depiction of Mr. and Mrs. Brady’s 1990’s era living room.
Shop the sneaker that Tom wears in the spot →
Want to make sure your little one puts their best foot forward this school year? Give them a leg up with recess-ready kicks that’ll get major traction on the blacktop. From tiny trendsetters, to outdoorsy cub scouts and Picassos-in-the-making, we’ve got an arsenal of kid’s shoes that are sure to be best in class
(if we DO say so ourselves).
The Carey Leopard’s luxe leopard print is spot-on, and the slip-on ballet silhouette perfectly
befitting your fashion-forward little lady.
Speed up the morning routine with the Rally – a suede lace-up with fuss-free side zippers.
Styled with chic, swinging fringe, Kyleigh is sure to capture the bohemian heart of your little free-spirit.
Shop back-to-school styles →
Man folk, I think we can all agree it’s time you step up your game when hosting your fantasy football draft party this year. The genteel gent wouldn’t be caught dead slinging stale chips and schlepping cheap brews, would he? For the fast track to hosting stardom, follow our draft party tips below.
Shop Men’s Slippers →
The Big Easy. NOLA. N’awlins. While New Orleans may go by many names, one thing is certain – there’s nothing else like it. From the ornate iron balconies of the French Quarter, to the legendary beignets at Cafe Du Monde, the charming streetcars in the Garden District to crumbling Preservation Hall, New Orleans is the perfect backdrop to set the stage for our Fall ’13 line. We took cues from Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop, lush Spanish moss, wrought iron balconies, and the delicate lace curtains adorning historic Southern mansions. Take a peek at our Fall ’13 mood board – inspired by the art, culture, lifestyle and rich heritage of New Orleans.
← Discover our Fall ’13 NOLA Pinterest board | Shop Fall ’13 styles →